Distributed only by BNP-Paribas subsidiary Domofinance , the blue sky renovation loan proposed by EDF is a conditional supplementary loan.
The assistance ranges from € 1,500 to € 30,000, repayable over a period of up to 12 years. If you repay your principal loan over a longer period of time, it may be helpful to smooth the maturities. In this case, the monthly payments of the main loan will be reduced until the end of the EDF loan.
Among other advantages, you benefit from free file and warranty fees. You are also not obliged to open a bank account with BNP Paribas.
Like most real estate loans, the blue sky renovation loan is flexible. You can under conditions reduce, increase or even suspend your monthly payments.
In the event of early repayment, no early redemption fee is required.
The rate conditions vary according to the amount and duration. Count from 1.95% to 5.75% (as of February 1st, 2012).
Our opinion : interesting financial help for less than 5 years. Beyond, the proposed rates are above the current market.
Conditions of obtaining
To benefit from the blue sky renovation loan, you must meet two conditions:
- The works concerned must concern energy savings such as insulation work on the roof or openings (windows and French windows) or the replacement of certain sanitary or heating equipment (solar water heater, electric heating with programming , heat pump, low temperature gas boiler or wood).
- The work must be carried out by a partner company of ED F.
Good to know : Authorized craftsmen can help you build your file.
A few words from Domofinance
Domofinance is a credit institution created in 2003, a subsidiary of EDF and BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
This is one of the constraints of the Bleu-Ciel renovation loan.
- You must choose from the network of approved companies . This one however includes some 5,000 craftsmen. On the other hand, you have the guarantee that the work will be carried out in the standards because the EDF imposes specifications that serves as a technical reference for all stakeholders.
- The partners agree to be checked at all times.
- Each company must take out a decennial insurance.